Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi by Umesh Mehra


Category: Hindi

I was pretty pumped to watch this movie, after seeing a little of it and hearing about it for many years as a toddler I was really excited to catch the movie.

The basic premise is Akshay Kumar's brother played by Inder Kumar is held hostage by Rekha's character in USA. Akshan Kumar (I hereby lay claim to this new nickname for him) heads there and settles things Akki Style.

Loads of action and brain dead scenes and jumping from continents to continents, I have seen almost all his movies from that era and this is by far one of the most entertaining. There's Raveena Tandon & Gulshan Grover also thrown in for good measure.

Recomendation level: 4/5 (Only if you like Akshay Kumar) , otherwise its a 2/5 rating. I guess this movie is available almost anywhere in Mumbai but you will need to really dig deep into the VCD stacks.



----------------------SPOILER WARNING-------------------------



I personally was pumped to see Crush and Undertaker duke it out in a Hindi movie until I found out that the Undertaker we see (barring from a few scenes) is a fake and it's played by someone else, a close friend of UnderTaker in real life. I felt gutted, really gutted, oh well the Crush in the movie is the real deal but who ever cheered for Crush?

1 comment:

  1. Oh this film was brilliant. It still brings back good memories of a lost era of such whimsical action flicks. Oh those were the days!

    ReplyDelete