Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Delhi 6 by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra

Category: Hindi

I liked this film, I like Sonam Kapoor even more and that's the truth. This is going to be a biased review (mostly!). Delhi - 6 is about a grandmother who is suffering from a terminal disease, she wants to live one last time in her ancestral home in Delhi, India. Her grandson tags along to take care of her and since he's never lived outside the US of A he finds it an experience to remember.

There's a few twists in the plot, the film is a bit choppy in parts but overall managed to retain my attention throughout. For once am going to comment on the songs, the track Dil Gira Dafatan is of particular importance since I thought it was one of the best songs I've seen (sue me for this!) in Bollywood. The director is completely out of control and I don't think much of his previous work either (Rang De Basanti), don't get me wrong his ideas are good his execution is mediocre.

Recomendation level: 2/5 (for Sonam Kapoor fans 5/5!!!). The movie is available on DVD with a bunch of extras for a good price so you guys should head to your nearest Crossword and grab a copy if you liked the film on the big screen.

Today's bonus

:

1 comment:

  1. agreed. nice idea, poor execution. better than RDB too, with it's eff-all idea and piss poor execution :D

    I liked the songs more in this one, though :D

    ReplyDelete