Friday, November 20, 2009

2012 by Roland Emmerich

Category: English

This was one disaster film I was waiting to destroy since the time I heard about it. Roland Emmerich has been making stupid films for years, I don't even know why he's credited as a director considering it takes close to zero skill of his own to complete any of those superlative tsunami's, tidal waves, earthquakes, volcanoes etc. To his credit he made 3 good films in his life, if you're a fan of his work then this is the time you go and pick the 3 best, because I am really sure every other film of his has been a turkey at some point.

I really can't be bothered to explain a film like this, it has the proverbial estranged couple. He does throw in the Indian scientist but let's face it everyone is down right terrible, even Woody Harrelson sucks . The Tsunami and Volcanoes have more acting capacity than the botox enriched cast. Oliver Platt is about average in his role and it's pretty obvious every known face just wanted the extra cash and every unknown face on screen wanted some fame.

I have no doubt that this film will do well and it should, the primary audience that Roland Emmerich has made this film for (read: 10-14 year olds) will definitely find this a "WOW!" film. I had to see this film because I wanted to. But the amount of kids going for this is ridiculous! Also there's the invulnerable hero (Cusack), his crappy ex-wife (Peet), pesky kids and some annoying Russian billionaire named Yuri. I think people must be really stupid to watch Emmerich's films, but worst of all I think he goes laughing all the way to the bank considering the crap he puts on display every single time he has a release.

Recommendation level: 0/5 - Haha - here I thought I couldn't find a film as bad as Stealth. Thanks Hollywood. Saw this in the cinema hall, a little bit of the cinematic magic dies with films like these.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha. sounds like roland emmerich crapped in your morning cereals or something:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did worse, he started making movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously man what was he thinking with 2012.Our rajnikanth movies are more logical.
    I thought the trailer was far better.
    Poster looks best :)

    ReplyDelete