Monday, March 1, 2010

Sherlock Holmes by Guy Ritchie

Category: English

What can I say? There's crappy movies and then there's a movie like Sherlock Holmes which is even worse. The only time I have ever wanted to doze off in a cinema hall - thanks to the Homo-erotic Adventures of Holmes and Watson.

Downey Jr. & Jude Law are pretty pathetic in this film with almost no real identities or character development. I hope a lot of people were disappointed, but sorry looking pretty doesn't make you a good actor. Jude Law's mustache is about as annoying and discomforting as his plastic acting skills and Downey Jr. is pretty much Tony Stark but in the past. I have to say Downey Jr. stopped his acting a few movies back and now just loves playing a drunk, talented person.

Recommendation level: 1/5 - I didn't even yawn at other crap movies like the Day of the Dead remake. Give it a miss, but you probably have already seen it. I can't believe Guy Ritchie made this movie, probably because Joel Silver whipped him around. I watched this in the cinema hall, so yeah I spent a good amount of money for trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment