Monday, July 6, 2009

The Hills Have Eyes & The Hills Have Eyes 2

Category: English

The start of the movie including the credits were probably the highlights of the film. The film follows a bunch of cannibal mutants who lead people astray in the New Mexico (Yuma Flats) Desert to well have them for dessert. This one features a family in which surprise surprise the nerdy guy turns out to be a hero.

I don't care if you think these are spoilers, if you think this movie needs spoilers to "ruin" your experience then you are stupid. While this one doesn't rely overtly on the use of gore, you can see a massive shift towards what the sequel is gearing up for.

I haven't seen the original so I can't really comment on what changes are there but this one isn't the best survival horror movie you will watch.

Who survives? This movie has some thrilling moments but overall isn't a great watch. Even for gore fans.

Recommendation level: 1/5 - oh boy, trust me am being generous.


Category: English

I thought I'd do these together so that's why I've reviewed the second remake as well. The movie isn't all that bad, heck it's the worst possible sequel ever. Capitalizing on a particular rape scene in the first film, sluttier women dressed in army garb are at the recieving end of the pervert cannibal mutants in this film.

The "army" goes in after the mutants this time around and the same thing happens to them... Makes you wonder what difference guns do or what the fuck the American army teaches you (to die?). The performances are worse this time and the plot is shit too... This considering they haven't remade this film from the original sequels but has it's own plot. Oh boy.

Don't bother watching this, at least the mutants in that one had some charm and memorable value here it's nothing barring Chameleon maybe.

Recommendation level: 0/5 - Yes, it's that bad.

5 comments:

  1. I won't lie I had some expectations of these films. I liked the first part better but then again - what do I have to compare that film too? Garbage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either these flicks are total shit as you say, or you have sand in your vagina. Either way, nice read man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to believe I am a connoisseur of brutality and violence in cinema but this isn't brutal and neither is it poetic in its violence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these movies are remakes? didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah they are, altho well the sequel is original.

    ReplyDelete